MacCallum Residence, c. 1950. Black & White photograph taken by Ray Wolfe from the south side of Main Street looking over the Kelley House pond to the MacCallum House. Visible to the right of the house is the MacCallum water tower, then the Hegenmeyer water tower (torn down around 1970), and then the Eliza Kelley Baptist Church (Corners of the Mouth in 2022). An unpainted wooden board fence encloses the pond along the sidewalk on Main Street. White lettering on the image reads: “Mac Callum residence built about 1880 Mendocino California.” (Ray Wolfe (photographer), Gift of Karen McGrath, Karen McGrath Collection, Kelley House Photographs)
More historical photos of Mendocino available in “Perley Maxwell’s Mendocino,” by Bruce Levene. Includes the Mendocino High School Photography Students 2002 Then & Now Project. $25.