The Bank House

The Bank House on the corner of Albion and Kasten Streets, c. 1908-1956. The view is looking to the north from the Bank of America building. The water tower on the left was dismantled and moved to the Heritage House resort on Highway 1 south of Little River in the early 1960s. Heeser’s three-tank water tower can be seen on the right. The second Odd Fellows Hall is behind it. (Kelley House Collection, Kelley House Photographs)

Originally built by Perley Maxwell in 1908 as a residence, the Bank House was later occupied by restaurants such as the Pyewacket, the Uncommon Good, the Blue Heron Inn and Mousse Cafe, and most recently, Trillium.

The Bank House was also the location of the Cabot Cove Travel Agency in Season 4 of Murder, She Wrote.

In 1994, the Bank House was severely damaged by an arson fire, but was rebuilt by owner Allan Cone, attorney, of Mendocino, in the same architectural style as the original building. Following completion, the Chocolate Mousse Cafe and The Blue Heron Inn upstairs were reopened.

The Kelley House relies on the generous support of its community, which has helped us get through this difficult year. Donations of any amount are always welcome.